- This event has passed.
State of Equity: Action and Allyship – ELEVATE Northeast Community Conversation Event
August 12, 2021 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Registration for this event has closed. Please click here to access this event via Facebook Live.
ELEVATE Northeast’s Community Conversation Series is back thanks to the generous support of series sponsor, MCR Labs, and August event sponsor RISE Dispensaries!
Please join ELEVATE Northeast on Thursday, August 12, for a casual and comprehensive review of national and state cannabis equity policies and programs, and a discussion about what true allyship means in the cannabis industry. Created to educate and empower communities of disproportionate impact, this event will feature a dynamic panel of thought leaders offering insight on topics including:
- The scope of allyship as it relates to ensuring equity in the cannabis industry
- Resources that support equity applicants with becoming owners and operators in the cannabis industry
- The unique differentiators equity applicants may leverage for competitive advantage and ROI
- Vanessa Jean-Baptiste, Owner, Legal Greens
- Tahir Johnson, Director of Social Equity and Inclusion, US Cannabis Council/Marijuana Policy Project
- Jason Ortiz, Executive Director, Students for Sensible Drug Policy
- Chaney Turner, Chair of the Cannabis Regulatory Commission, City of Oakland, CA
- TaShonda Vincent-Lee, Director of Community Outreach, ELEVATE Northeast (moderator)
ELEVATE will resume in-person Community Conversation events in 2022. Click here to view other events in our Community Conversation Series.