Social Equity: Our Shared Responsibility
Saturday, September 11, 2021 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
In Massachusetts, social equity and economic empowerment are woven into our law. And if you know anything about the history of cannabis prohibition, you know that these programs are our shared responsibility. But for the most part, program participants and economic empowerment applicants aren’t seeing the priority our laws say they are supposed to have. Attend this panel discussion organized by ELEVATE Northeast at NECANN Boston 2021 to learn some of the reasons behind the delays and why only a handlful of legal cannabis businesses in Massachusetts are run by small businesses to this day. Is time running out on equity in the Massachusetts cannabis industry? Let’s talk about it!
- Seun Adedeji, Founder and CEO, Elev8 Cannabis
- Derrell Black, Massachusetts Chapter President, Minorities for Medical Marijuana (M4MM)
- Jessica Gonzalez, Attorney, Bressler, Amery & Ross, PC
- Shaleen Title, CEO, the Parabola Center, and Distinguished Cannabis Policy Practitioner in Residence at Drug Enforcement and Policy Center, Moritz College of Law, The Ohio State University
- TaShonda Vincent-Lee (moderator), Director of Community Outreach, ELEVATE Northeast
This event is accessible only to NECANN Boston full-conference ticket holders. Learn more about ticket options and access at necann.com.
- Hynes Convention Center
900 Boylston St
Boston, United States
Thursday, August 12, 2021 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Tuesday, September 28, 2021
Tuesday, October 19, 2021