ELEVATE Northeast seeking Social Media Manager
Nonprofit Social Media Manager (Volunteer + Remote Position)
Application deadline: August 30, 2020
ELEVATE Northeast Events and Education, Inc. (“ELEVATE Northeast”) seeks a volunteer Social Media Manager to help build and maintain our online identity, including supporting our members, our relationships with like-minded organizations, local and national sponsors and potential sponsors, and others interested in ELEVATE Northeast.
As ELEVATE Northeast is a small non-profit entirely run by volunteers, the Social Media Manager will also be a volunteer, working independently to apply their established social media expertise to refine and grow the organization’s online presence.
- Work with ELEVATE Northeast’s executive director to develop and execute a social media strategy that promotes the organization and its members and event sponsors
- Regularly update and monitor ELEVATE Northeast’s Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn accounts, and respond to comments or questions on our posts
- Implement strategies to grow ELEVATE Northeast’s social media following
- Work with ELEVATE Northeast’s director of education to develop strategies and timelines for promoting and sharing educational resources and programs
- Work with teammates to brainstorm and launch creative multimedia campaigns
- Actively stay up-to-date on ELEVATE Northeast’s activities and growth, and bring proactive suggestions and creative ideas to the organization to help it continue to break stigma and create opportunities in the cannabis industry
- Stay up-to-date on cannabis marketing regulations
- Other online marketing and administrative tasks as needed for special events and announcements
Required skills and experience
- Solid grasp of online marketing strategies and event promotion on a shoestring budget
- Experience managing social media accounts for business or other nonprofit organizations
- Experience creating and populating social media content calendars
- Extensive experience and comfort writing effective copy in different styles and strategies for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Thorough understanding of the capabilities and limitations relating to cannabis marketing on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Reddit, and other popular social media websites
- Experience and comfort creating social media artwork on Canva (or other design software)
- Must be a self-starter, eager to take the initiative and help a small organization grow
- Passion for social justice and cannabis
- A good sense of the organizations, businesses, and regulations related to the Massachusetts and U.S. cannabis industry
- Advanced English grammar, spelling, punctuation, and editing skills (Advanced Spanish proficiency is a plus!)
Why you’ll love volunteering with ELEVATE Northeast
This is a volunteer position without financial compensation; it’s also an opportunity to make an impact and elevate your career as a team member with the most influential cannabis industry organization in New England. And, rest assured that we treat our volunteers well! You’ll receive ELEVATE swag, free or discounted access to most ELEVATE Northeast events, and:
• Enhance your skills while supporting a cause you care about
• Gain samples of work & references to add to your portfolio
• Directly impact a community organization on the ground
• Elevate your professional network as a key contributor to #TeamELEVATE
• Work remotely & create your own schedule
How to apply
Please email a cover letter, résumé and portfolio of relevant work samples to [email protected] before August 30, 2020.
About ELEVATE Northeast Events and Education, Inc.
Created to support the Northeast US’s growing cannabis industry and the corresponding need for workforce and community education, advocacy and networking, ELEVATE is a Massachusetts-based, women-led 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that provides a variety of exceptional events and experiences to connect attendees and elevate the perception of what cannabis professionals are and can do.
And because cannabis businesses cannot succeed without inclusion of multiple perspectives, an educated community, and informed customer base, ELEVATE’s mission is to empower underrepresented populations to work and lead in the cannabis industry, and to empower our communities to be educated customers and responsible consumers.
Learn more about ELEVATE Northeast at elevatene.org.